Wheelchair-accessible cycle trainer helps users with mobility issues in arms or legs maintain or regain range of motion, muscle strength and function.
- Detects and releases muscle spasms
- Decreases spasticity
- Stimulates blood flow
- Reduces the incidence of blood clots
- Reduces and helps prevent edemas
- Relaxes stiff or tight muscles and joints
- Improves joint mobility
- Facilitates motor recovery
- Improves coordination and muscle strength, including core strength
- Helps to maintain or improve function
One of the most beneficial features is the spasm recognition software that quickly identifies and releases spasms, ensuring muscles are protected for safe training.
This intelligent motorized ergometer for both the upper and lower extremities is targeted to people with physical limitations resulting from deconditioning, accidents, chronic diseases and conditions, including:
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Muscular dystrophy
- Cerebral palsy
Features 4 Training Modes
- PASSIVE MODE: Movement is completely motor-driven. It is suitable for users without any movement in their extremities; in early rehabilitation training; and, for people with dementia to encourage movement on their own.
- ACTIVE-ASSISTED MODE: Movement is assisted by the motor when users cannot complete the pedalling cycle independently. Perfect for those with very little muscle strength: helps boost motor activity, build strength and improve coordination.
- ACTIVE MODE: Movement is totally user-driven. Suitable for those with sufficient muscle strength to pedal on their own. Users can also pedal against different resistance levels. Resistance can be set according to users’ pedalling abilities, helping to increase muscle strength and endurance.
- ISOKINETIC MODE: Movement is totally user-driven. Speed is kept constant but resistance levels vary.
Exceptional Performance and Benefits
- Symmetrical training Indicates the degree of training of the left and right limbs. Users can adjust their levels of effort to help achieve bilateral balance of muscle strength and enhance coordination.
- Real-time data Speed, resistance, muscle tension and other training information are shown on screen.
- Immediate feedback Instantaneous display of user’s overall training results and rehabilitation data.
Quality Build Features
- 8’’ touch screen Intuitive; responds to light touch; displays in full colour.
- Intelligent High-performance servomotors ensure quiet operation.
- Movable Built-in wheels enable the device to be easily transported.
- Stable Chassis sits securely on the floor and will not move during training.