Wheelchair-accessible cycle trainer helps users with mobility issues in arms or legs maintain or regain range of motion, muscle strength and function.
- Detects and releases muscle spasms
- Decreases spasticity
- Stimulates blood flow
- Reduces the incidence of blood clots
- Reduces and helps prevent edemas
- Relaxes stiff or tight muscles and joints
- Improves joint mobility
- Facilitates motor recovery
- Improves coordination and muscle strength, including core strength
- Helps to maintain or improve function
This intelligent motorized ergometer for both the upper and lower extremities is targeted to people with physical limitations resulting from accidents or chronic diseases or conditions, including:
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Muscular dystrophy
- Cerebral palsy
Specifically designed for individuals with spasticity, paralysis, physical limitations and mobility issues, including wheelchair users.
Essential rehabilitation equipment for hospitals, rehab centres, long-term-care homes, community centres and specialized gyms.
Also ideal as a home-based exerciser.
Supplements hands-on therapy, helping to reduce costs and speed client recovery times.
The Medup V2 can be used in different modes, depending on if or how well users can move their arms or legs on their own. It automatically and silently moves between the passive, active-assisted and active modes based on the pedalling action of the user.
Features 5 Training Modes
- PASSIVE MODE: Movement is completely motor-driven. It is suitable for users without any movement in their extremities; in early rehabilitation training; and, for people with dementia to encourage movement on their own.
- ACTIVE-ASSISTED MODE: Movement is assisted by the motor when users cannot complete the pedalling cycle independently. Perfect for those with very little muscle strength: helps boost motor activity, build strength and improve coordination.
- ACTIVE MODE: Movement is totally user-driven. Suitable for those with sufficient muscle strength to pedal on their own.
- ACTIVE-RESISTED MODE: Pedalling actively against a set degree of resistance levels. Resistance can be set according to users’ pedalling abilities, helping to increase muscle strength and endurance.
- ISOKINETIC MODE: Movement is totally user-driven. Speed is kept constant but resistance levels vary.
- Spasm recognition Intelligent software quickly identifies and releases spasms, ensuring muscles are protected for safe training.
- Symmetrical training Indicates the degree of training of the left and right limbs. Users can adjust their levels of effort to help achieve bilateral balance of muscle strength and enhance coordination.
- Real-time data Speed, resistance, muscle tension and other training information are shown on screen.
- Immediate feedback Instantaneous display of user’s overall training results and rehabilitation data.
Quality Build Features:
- 8’’ touch screen Intuitive; responds to light touch; displays in full colour.
- Intelligent High-performance servomotors ensure quiet operation.
- Movable Built-in wheels enable the device to be easily transported.
- Stable Chassis sits securely on the floor and will not move during training.